1. The District Library Jorhat, Established in 1955, in Heart of the Jorhat Town, is a 3 (Three) storied Building along with an Auditorium Hall.
2. The Land of the Library is 5 Bighas.
3. The Name of District Library Auditorium Hall has been changed later by the Government as "Sri Sri Pitambar Deva Goswami Auditorium Hall, Jorhat. It has own Generator, Sound system, Decorated lights, and 1075 nos. of Seats.
4. It has availability of Car parking Place, Cycle/Motor Cycle Stand in the Campus.
5. There are 5 Nos. of Section, like, Lending Section, Reference Section, Children Section, Science & Technology Section, and Paper Section. The Reference Section in the Library. It is fully facilitated with Air Conditioner and Modern seating Furniture for its reading persons and users.
6. Books, News Papers and Magazines, Gazetteers, Manuscript , etc. are available in this Library, for its Members and Readers. The Present stock of Books is 1,26,726 Nos. a) Assamese- 94269, b)Bengali- 5031, c) English - 11056, d) Hindi - 3098 and From RRRLF Calcutta. Is e) 13272.( Mixed in Ass, Beng, Hindi & Eng)
7. Staff & Officers:- 1. District Librarian, 2. Library Assistant. 3. Sr. Asstt. 4. Jr. Asstt. 5.Tech. Asstt. 6. Counter Attendant. (2 Two Post.) 7. Driver, 8. Book Binder, 9. Office Peon ( 3 Three Posts) 10, Chowkider, 11. Sweeper. Total 13 Nos Staffs.
8. Present position of Staffs & Officers: 1. District Librarian, 1. Sr. Asstt. 1. Tech. Asstt. 2. Counter Attendant. 1. Chowkider. (Only 5 Nos of Staffs)
9. Vacant Post: 7 Nos. up to. 30th Nov 13.
10. The Library has already been installed "KOHA" Software for Data Entries of Books (section wise) as per suggestions by the Directorate of Library Services, Assam, and 3 (Three) nos. of Employees engaged for that works in contractual Basis.
11. There are 10 Nos of Rural Libraries under District Library Jorhat, situated at Kenduguri, Kakajan, Teok, Marijhanji, Sarusarai, (Pulibar) Borhola, Baligaon, Chungi Lahing, 2 Nos of Rural Libraries in Majuli Sub-Division , at Garmurh and Bangaon.